Follow the directions below:
This is a beta release (case in point: mute is not yet functional) -- you can expect regular updates of this application over the coming days and weeks. You can get Qikking with the iPhone 3G (and earlier models running iPhone OS 2.0!) by doing the following:
- If you have not already, you'll need to sign up at http://qik.com/sign_up and receive an SMS from us to activate the application.
- Launch Cydia.
- Go to the "Sections" tab at the bottom and scroll down to "Multimedia."
- Under Multimedia, you will find Qik. Tap on it then select "Install" at the top right, then in the same spot tap "Confirm."
- Now you will see Qik get installed. You may hit the "Return to Cydia" button at the bottom or just quit Cydia when it is done installing.
- You'll now notice a "Qik" icon on your home screen - Go ahead and launch it.
- As long as your initial signup SMS/text message is still in your inbox for the first launch, your account will be linked to your device.
- Make sure you have 3G service or are on WiFi (edge is not sufficient enough to stream video) before you begin broadcasting.
- Hit record and enjoy Qik!