Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Vonage: How to Cancel???

So I have decided to cancel my Vonage service.

Here's the obstacles you need to overcome to necessary to cancel service with Vonage.

1. You have to call between certain hours.
Account Management Department is available to assist you Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST at 1-VONAGE-HELP (1-866-243-4357).

2. You have to navigate through the account management and have them tell you to call back in an hour, that they cannot make any changes to the account. Ask why the systems are down and they have no clue. I tried to call them twice to see if they would give me the same answer.

Why is Vonage taking down a vital system during business hours? Most likely this is a tactic to retain customers? I am now more determined to cancel my service and not let Vonage take advantage of me as a consumer.

I will be calling Vonage back in an hour to see what answer I get this time.

No comments: