AffiliateTip and Shawn Collins are reporting on graspr. Looks like a very cool site and a win win for everyone.
What is Graspr?Graspr is an online video community that offers high quality instructional content on a wide range of topics. Our mission is to make the world a smarter place by bringing together people who possess different kinds of expertise, and helping them share what they know with others. We want to make knowledge more accessible, and thus empower users to explore new interests, cultivate new skills, and become even more proficient in the subjects they know well.
The Graspr Philosophy: "Sharing the Wealth of Knowledge"At Graspr, we believe that learning is an inherently social process, so we've made it easy to connect with real people -- hobbyists, professionals, and celebrities -- who have wisdom and experience to share.
We believe that multiple perspectives enrich the learning process, so we provide a range of content on each topic.
Most importantly, we believe that the knowledge gained through experience is a precious resource that should be put to good use. Everyone knows something of value, no matter what their credentials. Our purpose is to help deliver that knowledge to the people who seek it.
How does Graspr work?Graspr offers a number of features designed to enhance learning, connect people, and facilitate the discovery process.
At Graspr, you can:
- Find videos on specific topics that match your interests and skill level. Search by keyword, search by Producer, or browse our videos by category.
- Control your viewing experience. With Graspr's 'Scene' feature, you can jump straight to the parts of a video that interest you most.
- Take notes. Add your own notes to a video - and keep them private or share with the Graspr community.
- Rate and comment on videos. Your input helps other users make informed choices about which videos are best suited to their needs.
- Share videos. We make it easy to send videos to friends or embed them on other Web pages.
- Control distribution. Choose to share your videos with the entire Graspr community, or just with your friends.
- Connect with people who share your interests. You can chat with others who are viewing similar content and swap stories, share tips or seek advice.
- Impart your wisdom. Have specialized knowledge of your own? We invite you to share it with the Graspr community by uploading your own instructional videos.
Register now to get the most out of Graspr.
How-to video site Graspr.com has just raised $2.5 million in Series A funding from Draper Fisher Jurvetson and angel investors.
The CEO and founder of Graspr.com is Teresa Philips, a former VP at Yahoo and Time Warner. She was inspired to launch the site based on her own experiences in trying to find information about how to take care of her premature baby.
What’s all this have to do with affiliates? Well, Graspr has also announced the launch of their syndication platform and network that provides revenue share to the creators of instructional videos
Members of the Graspr network can earn income in three ways: by uploading and syndicating videos, by embedding videos on their websites or blogs, and by referring new members who subsequently upload or embed videos.
The revenue share breaks out like this:
- 30% is for the publisher on site
- 30% is for the producer i.e. creator of video
- 30% is for Graspr
- 10% is for the referral
Visit graspr.com for more details.