Thursday, September 25, 2008
Live from TechCrunch Austin
Streaming .TV shows by Ustream
Co-editor Erick Schonfeld is hosting a roundtable in Austin, Texas this afternoon to discuss the importance and history of grassroot campaigns on the web. Watch below as Ustream broadcasts it live.
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008
Roundtable: The Web Starts At The Grass Roots
Time: 3:00 - 5:00 pm
Location: AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, University of Texas at Austin campus
Tickets: $50, available here with all of the proceeds benefiting the Lance Armstrong Foundation.
MeetUp in Austin, Texas, tackle the issue of how to use the Web to build grassroots support for a business, a cause, or a political candidate. Everyone loves to give lip service to grassroots campaigns, but do they really scale?
Cos: $50 each, proceeds will go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation, and each ticket will get you into the Austin MeetUp afterward (which is otherwise sold out).
Panelists will be:
• Shawn Colo, cofounder of Demand Media
• Owen Van Natta, former chief revenue officer, Facebook
• Greg Lee, CFO Lance Armstrong Foundation (Livestrong)
• Mike Butler, Chief marketing officer HomeAway (formerly CMO of T-Mobile USA)
• Morgan Warstler, CTO & Co-Founder, SaysMe TV Inc.
• Clay Nichols, Chief Creative Officer, DadLabs Inc
• Bryan Menell, Austin StartupBlog
• Naveed Lalani, co-founder Piryx
• Chris Pacitti, General Partner, Austin Ventures
• Greg Bettinelli, EVP of Business Development and Strategy at Live Nation
• Vinay Bhagat, Founder of Convio
• Andrew Busey, CEO of Challenge Games
• Matt Corey, VP of Marketing Golfsmith
• Jeff Dachis, Founder and former CEO of Razorfish
• Jay Hallberg, Founder and EVP Marketing of Spiceworks
• Brett Hurt, Founder and CEO of Bazaarvoice.
• Paul Korzilius, Manager of Bon Jovi
• Sean McDonald, Director—Community | Conversations at Dell